Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang Electric Guitar Sonic Blue 025-1400-572
The Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang Electric Guitar, Sonic Blue honours Kurt Cobain, the band, Nirvana and the famous sound and the times and gives an authentically crafted nod to one of the most unlikely...
The Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang Electric Guitar, Sonic Blue honours Kurt Cobain, the band, Nirvana and the famous sound and the times and gives an authentically crafted nod to one of the most unlikely guitars to ever find itself at the center of a musical stardom.
Kurt Cobain famously used a Mustang in the famous 1991 video for “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, which he also used in the ’93-’94 Utero tour. The Fender Mustang was a big part of what Kurt Cobain was all about, featuring modifications that make this guitar truly unique and personal.
The new Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang takes you back to the early nineties grunge movement, with highly distinctive features including the classic 24” Mustang scale length, an angled single-coil Mustang neck pickup and ferocious Seymour Duncan JB humbucking bridge pickup mounted directly to the body, dual on-off/phase in-out switches for each pickup, a polyester-finished alder body and an Adjusto-Matic bridge with dynamic vibrato tailpiece.
The main features of the Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang Sonic Blue Electric Guitar include:
- Sonic Blue
- Right Handed
- Artist Series
- Mustang Body Shape
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck
- Urethane Finish on Body and Neck
- "C" Shape Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 7.25" (18.41 cm) Fretboard Radius
- 22 Vintage Style Frets
- Vintage Ivory Dots Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 24" (61 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Synthetic Bone String Nut
- Seymour Duncan JB Model Humbucking Bridge Pickup - Direct Mount
- Mustang Single-Coil Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: On/Off Slider, In/Out Phase Switch for Each Pickup
- Master Volume, Master Tone Controls
- Chrome Hardware
- Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Dynamic Vibrato Tail-piece
- Pickguard: (Sonic Blue) 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Fender USA Super Strings 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)