TruSound Technics SL-1200 SL-1210 Turntable Replacement Output Socket Plate Phono (RCA)
Replacement Phono RCA Output Socket Plate for Technics SL 1200 & SL 1210 Turntable. Technics SL-1200 and SL-1210 turntables have fixed output cables. During turntable storage and transport the...
£18.33 ex VAT
Ships in 3-4 days
Replacement Phono RCA Output Socket Plate for Technics SL 1200 & SL 1210 Turntable.
Technics SL-1200 and SL-1210 turntables have fixed output cables. During turntable storage and transport the cables remain connected to the turntable, making the cables prone to failure and they start to crackle and become intermittent.
The TruSound Technics turntable replacement output sockets for Technics 1200 and 1210 series turntables replace the standard fitting. Any standard phono (RCA) turntable output cables can then be plugged in and out as required, prolonging cable life and making turntable storage easy. You can also use phono to jack or phono to XLR cables if suitable.
The replacement input socket plate is fitted with 2 pairs of stereo output sockets. This allows you to connect one of the Technics turntable output feeds to your DJ mixer and send the second separate feed to another mixer, effects rack, recording device or any other audio feed you need.
The Technics SL-1200 & SL-1210 replacement output socket plate can be fitted yourself if you have a soldering iron and can solder the five internal connections.
Technics SL-1200 & SL-1210 Turntable replacement phono (RCA) output sockets.
- Easy turntable storage
- Prolong turntable cable life
- Use standard phono to phono (RCA to RCA) connecting cables
- Connect your turntable to any suitable audio input socket using a cable with connectors matching the input socket on your audio equipment
- 2 x pairs of Phono (RCA) stereo output sockets
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Technics SL1200/1210 RCA Upgrade Plate
- Unscrew the acoustic insulation feet, and then unscrew the base plate from the turntable.
- Unscrew the original strain relief cable clamp and mounting plate to expose the internal wiring.
- De-solder the tone arm wires from the original PCB.
- De-solder, or simply cut, the long grounding / Earth wire from the solder tag on the PCB mounting screw. (Leave the internal ground wire still connected to the solder tag)
- Remove the original PCB and original flying leads, including the long grounding lead, leaving the remaining grounding wire still connected to the solder tag.
- Fit the new PCB using only the longer screw, while securing the ground wire solder tag as before. Tighten the other PCB mounting screw back in its hole. (It will just sit there idle)
- Solder the tone arm wires onto the new PCB according to the colours shown on the board.
- Position the RCA plate so that the shortest section is nearest the PCB edge, and fit it in place. (There is really only one way that is easy to fit and that will allow free movement of the height adjust mechanism)
- Re-secure the new RCA plate with the two screws from the original plate.
- Re-fit the turntable base plate and screw back in the acoustic insulation feet.
If you prefer to send your turntable in to our repair workshop, see our Technics turntable repairs & service workshop. We specialise in Technics and other turntable repairs, modifications and service.
One Turntable - £50.00 ( for 1 x replacement output socket plate and technician charge)
Two Turntables - £85.00 (for 2 x replacement output socket plates and technician charge)