Card Payment and Authorisation Details
CARD or ADDRESS DETAILS NOT MATCHED
Your card issuer has informed us that they could not verify some of the address details you have entered. Check your card statement address to see EXACTLY how they have recorded your address. Only the numbers in your address are checked and all word abbreviations and mis-spellings are ignored (e.g Street/St. - Hampshire/Hants - Limited/Ltd are ignored)
Common differences between what you entered and your card issuer's records:
- Letter "o" instead of number "0" in the postcode - (SE2 oLN instead of SE2 0LN)
- Number as a word instead of a number - (two instead of 2)
- House name instead of a number - (Foxgrove instead of 18)
- Only part of the number entered - (212 instead of 212 - 217)
- Combination of numbers and words - (24 Third Street instead of 24 3rd Street)
Please check your card statement in case your card issuer has recorded your details differently
To re-enter your card details or your address details click here
Stagebeat Limited, in conjunction with many other high value and high volume online retailers, are now strictly implementing the guidelines laid down by UK card issuers and APACS (Association For Payment Clearing Services). This is to reduce the risk of fraud for "cardholder-not-present transactions", which are those where neither the card nor the cardholder are present at the point-of-sale (eg orders by mail, telephone, fax or the Internet).
The principal fraud prevention measures are:
1. The cardholder's address details must match EXACTLY with those details held by the card issuer. This is usually the card statement address as well.
2. Delivery must only be made to EXACTLY the same address as that registered with the card issuer
- We protect your card details with firewalls and intrusion detection systems plus industry standard full 128-bit SSL encryption. When entering your card number, please confirm that the padlock symbol appears in your browser. This is our secure server.
ADDRESS AUTHORISATION AND AUTHENTICATION (AVS & CV2)
- All transaction information you enter is sent to your own card issuer for authorisation and authentication (AVS and CV2). If the funds are authorised, your card issuer holds them for Stagebeat in a deferred payment account. Then they compare the name and address details you entered, with the name and address details in their records. If the details do not match EXACTLY with their records, they advise us to cancel the order in compliance with APACS card regulations and guidelines. For more info CLICK HERE
The most common reason for non-authentication of address details are:
- You have moved and not notified your card issuer
- You have entered you work address but your card is registered to your home address
- You have entered your address or post code incorrectly (Do not confuse the letter O with the number 0 zero)
- Your card issuer may have recorded your details incorrectly when you opened your card account
- You have made several unsuccessful attempts to place an order and now your card issuer is denying access as a security precaution. In this case, telephone the number on the card and cancel any Stagebeat authorisations
ALTERNATIVE DELIVERY ADDRESS OPTION
- If you are paying using a UK issued credit or debit card, telephone the number on your card and request an additional address BEFORE placing your order. This usually takes a few minutes.
- Then place your order online using the new address details you have registered.
- If you have already made an order that was unsuccessful, please instruct your card issuer to void the previous Stagebeat authorisation that may still exist BEFORE trying to order again.